Event marketing can be a huge challenge for even experienced event planners.
Here are some of the common questions clients have asked me:
- Why do I need a website for my event?
- What are the best places to advertise events online?
- Should I pay for my own event website or just use a service (i.e., eventbrite)?
Over time, I'll add in some of my answers to this website. You can also have a free session with me to get my feedback specifically about your business' marketing.
What I recommend for event marketing is...
WEBSITE FOR NEW BUSINESS OR EVENT
Always start website for new business or new event.
- This gives you a home base to use where your attendees, clients and learners can always find you, even if the event service you were using is no longer working for you.
- Want to hire me and my team? To learn more about our event marketing services, click here.
OTHER EVENT MARKETING SERVICES
Use other services (i.e., Eventbrite) to:
- Give convenience for clients, guests or learners.
- Give an easy way for partners to refer their friends and family to get tickets.
- Access additional ads and marketing as a benefit of using their service.
- Use enhanced analytics tracking features on their website.
- Link your event page from their service into your main website.
- you have a good website (i.e., Wordpress Self-Hosted), you may even want to embed the page into your own site
- FREE EVENT WEBPAGE - Paying for their service (i.e., Eventbrite) is only required if your event is not a free event.
- MERCHANT FEES - For paid events, the back-end fees are about the same as what you are charged by most merchant services providers.
- SAVE TIME - The trade off between convenience and time savings on your end may make the back-end fees worthwhile.